· Fortinet Certified Network Security Administrator (FCNSA)
· Fortinet Certified Network Security Professional (FCNSP)
Products Used in This Course:
· FortiManager, FortiGate and FortiClient
· 1 day Classroom
· Completion of the 301 - Secure Network Deployment and Virtual Private Networks course.
· Solid knowledge of the Web Config administrative interface and the Command Line Interface.
· o Experience with Fortinet network appliances
The FortiManager Centralized Device Management course provides one day of instructor led training (in a public or private on-site class setting) where participants will gain an understanding of the tasks involved in managing device configurations using a FortiManager appliance.
Hands-on labs allow students to perform some of the tasks associated with configuring managed devices, creating and distributing centralized policies and monitoring the status of managed devices.
Lesson 1 – FortiManager Overview
· FortiManager Features
· Device Lifecycle Management
· FortiManager Workflow
· FortiManager Appliance Family
· Administration Interfaces
Lesson 2 – Operating Modes
· Element Management System Mode
· Global Management System Mode
· Administrative Domains
Lesson 3 – Managing Devices
· Adding Devices
· Configuring Devices
· Device Configuration Objects
· Configuration and Installation Status
Lesson 4 – FortiClient Manager
· Installing FortiClient With Central Management Enabled
· Managing FortiClient Licensing
· Adding FortiClient PCs
· Viewing Managed FortiClient PCs
· FortiClient Groups
· Managing FortiClient Configurations
Lesson 5 – Real-Time Monitor
· Device Logs
Lesson 6 – FortiGuard Services
· FortiGuard Distribution Network
· Configuring FortiManager as a Private FDS
· Configuring Devices to Use the FortiManager FDS
· Monitoring Service Usage
Lesson 7 – System Settings
· General Settings
· Network Settings
· Administration Settings
· Local Logs
· Firmware Images
· o High Availability
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
· Describe the features of the FortiManager device.
· Describe the steps in a typical device management scenario.
· Understand the differences between operating the FortiManager device in Element Management System mode (EMS) and Global Management System mode (GMS).
· Understand the use and configuration of Administrative Domains.
· Add devices to be centrally managed through FortiManager.
· Configure managed devices and install changes.
· Create policy objects and policies through FortiManager.
· Manage FortiClient installations centrally.
· Create groups for managed devices and client software installations.
· Configure alerts.
· Define monitors to track performance of managed devices.
· Configure FortiManager to operate as a Fortinet Distribution Server.
· o Configure system settings for the FortiManager device.
Who should Attend
· This course is intended for administrators responsible for managing the configuration of devices in a Fortinet infrastructure and is geared to professionals with a solid knowledge of the concepts involved in the operation of a FortiGate device.